Facebook Live is the biggest new media channel and opportunity to emerge in 2016. We believe that live streaming is primed to experience huge growth over the next 18 months. Driven in part by the launch of Facebook Live. But also by the continuing evolution of YouTube Live, Periscope and Twitch.
We recently commissioned London-based consumer research company Opinion Matters to survey 2000+ U.K. adults about their thoughts on live streaming.
The research revealed some very interesting stats:
- 75% Consumers of U.K. find live content more exciting than pre-recorded. Proving the case for brands and communicators to look to Live Streaming as a tool to deliver campaigns to audiences.
- Half said they were more trusting of live content.
- A staggering 73% pay more attention to content if it’s happening at the same time they are viewing it.
- With PR and marketing teams always searching for ever more engaging and exciting ways of communicating campaigns, 58% of consumers said they felt more connected with live events
- Almost half said they wanted to see more authentic content, so the opportunity is there to capture audiences through this novel technique.
With the ability now to stream to even more channels including LinkedIn, Periscope and YouTube, the opportunities for brands and organisations to jump into live streaming has never been easier.